This introduction can be viewed via:
- Video in ASL
- Video in English
The information is the same in each format, so you only need to choose one.
Written text introduction:
Discussion with colleagues is an important and effective way to consider new information. The goal of this group study companion course is to encourage the sharing of ideas and perspectives within your Community of Practice, and to give you an opportunity to earn CEUs for it!
This group study companion course is for people who are also enrolled in the Healing Interpreter Burnout course. Here is how it works:
- Each member of your group completes the Healing Interpreter Burnout course individually.
- (Optional) If you’d like to complete your 5-Day Experiment with the support of your group, you can instructions and ideas in the next lesson.
- Spend 15 minutes with one or more of the supplemental resources included in this companion course individually or as a group.
- After you all have completed the Healing Interpreter Burnout course and the 5-day experiment, meet as a group to discuss the course material and your experiment. Use the questions found in the Group Study Guide as a starting place.
- Viewing the supplemental resources and engaging in discussion should take a total of 2 hours. You can break this into more than one session or allot a certain amount of time for discussing each module - whatever works best for your group.
After your group discussion, each person must complete the Report Back questionnaire and evaluation forms in order to earn CEUs.